Sunday, September 28, 2014

His Grace is Sufficient for Me.

Wow. I am back in Malawi. Who could’ve imagined that a mere five months after my life-threatening accident, I’d be back teaching and ministering in Africa? The only explanation is Christ. There is no way I should or could be here without Him. His grace is sufficient for me.

Since I’ve returned, God has already been working in my heart and showing me new things. The day I returned to ABC Academy will probably always hold an unforgettable place in my heart. Having a school full of children and a staff excitedly greet and welcome you and feel so supported and loved, is truly a blessing I do not deserve. A sense of closure and yet also a renewal filled my heart that day.

It didn’t stop there. From going back to Flood Church to sitting with the doctor who was a part of saving my life and his family, God has shown His love in so many ways.

Another key moment was arriving at Children of the Nations. Aggrey and Telina, who are mother and father of the home, were in the front seat of the bus. Not to mention, all those children were a part of this experience. Stepping foot in the Children of the Nations home was beautiful. I love those kids and that has only increased since the crash. Returning that day was one of the peak points of my short life. I don’t know if life gets any sweeter than having thirty African children sing and dance “Welcome Home Auntie Dani”. Since I was young, my dream has been to work in Africa with orphan children and teaching. Realizing I am doing exactly what I am called to do was so fulfilling.



Through all of this, God is teaching me about His abundant grace. I owe Him my life. He is the only one who can turn terrible and heart wrenching situations and make them shine for His glory. It is only through Him that even in my weak and broken state, I have the capability to stand once again in Malawi.

On April 14th, 2014 I made my last blog post from Malawi. Now begins another year of adventures and ministry. September 28th, 2014 marks a healing and continuation of what God started. I will boast joyfully in my weakness; it is only then I can bring wonder to His name.

“But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.”
2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment